Are you interested in knowing more about the TMJ disorder, which is also known as the temporomandibular disorder? If so, you have come to the right blog. Today, our dentist in Chincoteague, VA, or the Eastern Shore of Virginia is happy to tell you all about it. In fact, we would like to share some TMJ facts with you. Those facts are:
– The temporomandibular joints are the joints that hinge your jaw to your skull. They allow you to open and close your mouth so you can eat, talk and even swallow.
– Symptoms of the TMJ disorder include pain in the jaw, difficulty chewing, clicking and locking in the jaw, ear pain and more.
– Some causes of the TMJ disorder include misalignment of the joint, arthritis, jaw injury, stress, teeth grinding habits, teeth misalignments and more.
– Common treatments for the TMJ disorder include prescribed medications, the use of a bite guard, physical therapy, relaxation techniques, soothing the joint, stretching and more.
– Your dentist can help treat the TMJ disorder by prescribing a bite guard that protects your teeth and jaw as you sleep.
If you have any questions or if you would like to know more about the TMJ disorder in Chincoteague, VA, or the Eastern Shore of Virginia, please reach out to Morrison Dental Group today. Our dental team is happy to help you in any way we can, so please don’t hesitate to dial 757-336-1260 now!